A couple of hours ago, Microsoft released MDT 2012
In contains numerous bug fixes as well as support for SCCM 2007 and SCCM 2012.
The basic stuff is:
The MDT improvements that affect all MDT technologies, which are discussed in a subsequent section, are as follows:
- Support for upgrading from previous versions of MDT
- Integration with security and compliance templates generated by Microsoft Security Compliance Manager (SCM) version 2.0
- Run Windows PowerShell™ scripts within an MDT task sequence
- Create partitions to support best practice recommendations for deployment of BitLocker® Drive Encryption
- Automatically configure participation in the Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) and Windows Error Reporting (WER)
- Guidance that describes how to use Microsoft SQL Server® 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) for all database needs within MDT
MDT includes the following improvements for LTI deployments:
- Support for Windows 8 Consumer Preview and Windows Server 8 Beta. Note: The deployment of Windows Server 8 Beta roles and features using the Install Roles and Features task sequence action is not supported.
- Support for the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK). Note: Currently, the Windows ADK is only supported for deploying Windows 8 Consumer Preview or Windows 7 in lab environments, not in production environments.
Windows ADK requires the Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.0. If not already installed, the Windows ADK installation installs the Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.0. For more information, see Introduction to the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit.
- Monitoring of LTI deployment process. MDT includes the new LTI monitoring feature that allows you to perform centralized monitoring of LTI deployments in the Monitoring node in the Deployment Workbench.
- Deployment of Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE). Windows RE helps users troubleshoot and recover from startup-related problems on their computers.
- Deployment of Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolkit (DaRT).
- Deployment to computers that use the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI).
- Deployment to computers that require the new globally unique identifier (GUID) Partition Table (GPT) format.
- Deployment to virtual hard disks (VHDs) for native boot.
- Support for Windows Thin PC.
- Support for Windows Embedded POSReady 7.
- Add local administrator accounts.
- Deployment Wizard user experience improvements.
MDT includes the following improvements for MDT deployments with Configuration Manager 2012 or Configuration Manager 2007 R3:
- Support for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager. MDT includes support for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager for ZTI and UDI deployments
- Support for new application model in Configuration Manager 2012.
- Support for the user device affinity feature in Configuration Manager 2012.
- Support for prestart command files.
- Support for automatically starting a specific task sequence.
- UDI Wizard user experience improvements.
- The UDI Wizard has been completely revised to improve user experience.
- UDI Wizard Designer user experience improvements.
- The UDI Wizard Designer UI has been improved to make configuring the UDI Wizard even easier than previous versions.
- Support for enabling BitLocker in UDI.
- Support for MDT Replace Computer deployment scenario.
- Localization of UDI Wizard.
- Guidance for customizing UDI.
- Upgrade tasks sequences created in Configuration Manager 2007 to Configuration Manager 2012.
- Guidance for Configuration Manager 2007 R3.
Read more and download it from here